Squamish Toyota is looking for a new member for our team!
We would like to offer a long-term Service Advisor career opportunity to a suitable candidate. It is a full-time position in a steady and safe working environment.
The Service Advisor is the dealership’s front-line customer relations and service sales representative. The job encompasses handling customer service requests and concerns, meeting service sales objectives and the accurate performance of designated administrative duties.
At Squamish Toyota we care for our staff and always strive to ensure the highest safety standards and comfortable working environment. You will be working in a modern dealership with long-time co-workers and our staff enjoy special opportunities for vehicle purchase and savings on vehicle services and repairs.
The position offers both a base salary ($20-25/hour), depending on candidate qualification), and upon completion of probation period, a performance-based sales bonus. Typically our service advisors’ annual salary is between $46,000 – 60,000+ / year. You may be required to work on Saturdays as our Service Department hours of operation is normally 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 4:30pm on Saturdays. We are not open on Sundays and statutory holidays. A valid driver’s license with clean driving record is required for this position. There is are late night shifts and minimal overtime.
If you are interested in this career opportunity please review the following full job description and submit your full resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and contact the suitable candidate within 2 weeks of receiving your resume.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: General
- Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene and dress consistent with the duties of the position. This may include the wearing of uniforms designated by management.
- Arrive at work, take breaks and depart work at the times designated by management.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare or integrity of the dealership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
B SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Customer Relations
- Promptly meet and greet service customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Listen to customers reasons for bringing their vehicle to the service department.
- Offer appropriate services and repairs to satisfy customer requirements or concerns.
- Provide accurate quotes for all services and repairs recommended.
- Handle minor customer complaints and /or misunderstandings tactfully, promptly and with genuine concern for the customer’s problem.
- Refer to the service manager customers with complaints that cannot be satisfied at the service advisor level.
- Make policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
- Answer incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Make every reasonable effort to make the service experience as pleasant as possible for the customer.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Service Sales
- Sell repairs and services suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Conduct vehicle walk-around to record any vehicle damage and to check for any areas that may require attention such as lights, wipers and tires.
- Present and explain the maintenance menu to every service customer where suitable.
- Sell the maintenance service due according to the vehicles schedule.
- Provide the customer with an accurate quote of the work requested and recommended during repair order write-up.
- Obtain the customer’s written approval by having the repair order signed
- Provide the customer with an accurate quote of the work recommended when additional needed repairs are found during the repair process.
- Obtain properly documented telephone approval for all additional needed repairs.
- Record lost service sales
- Meet or exceed retail sales objectives set by management
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Training
- Attend training courses as directed by service management
- Review all applicable service bulletins and other technical publications.
- Complete TU on-line Advisor Guild training courses as directed by service management.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Administration
- Ensure customer information on file is accurate and update as necessary.
- Attach the quality control inspection form to R/O’s with designated repairs.
- Distribute repair orders to technical staff in accordance with department policy.
- Maintain the service appointment system as per department guidelines.
- Transfer technician comments to invoice completely and accurately.
- Review repair orders for proper completion of services and repairs including Quality Control and Car Wash where applicable.
- Review repair orders to ensure the final price matches the quoted price.
- Inspect every completed vehicle to ensure it is ready to be returned to the customer.
- Perform other administrative functions as directed by service manager.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Communication
- Provide complete accurate problem/complaint information to technical staff on the repair order.
- Maintain communication with technical staff regarding job status changes
- Remain continually informed of the shop’s work load status to determine the kind of work the shop can quickly accommodate.
- Inform sales department of potential new vehicle customers.
- Confirm long term service appointments 7 days in advance of scheduled customer arrival.
- Reconfirm long term service appointments one day before scheduled customer arrival.
- Book short term appointments as requested by customers.
- Review together with the parts advisor the known parts required for the next day’s appointments to ensure parts are available.
- Contact customers when informed by parts staff of special order parts arrival.
- Contact customers to obtain approval for additional needed repairs
- Contact customers to advise them when the vehicle is ready for pick-up and review items completed and total cost
- Follow up with customers within 24 hours of vehicle pick-up to ensure customer is satisfied with the service received.